We are looking for a skilled and energetic software engineer who loves the challenge of working on a fast-paced team. We process tens of millions of records from a multitude of sources daily, and we build predictive models on multi-billion record data sets.
We design and develop with AWS services and open sources big data technologies, including but not limited to: CloudFormation, Kinesis, Lambda, Aurora, Docker, Spark, Mesos, and Scala.
The person in this role will be expected to:
- contribute to the design of Canopy Labs’ technical infrastructure
- write code, with a focus on distributed data storage and analysis
- focus on quality, including performing code reviews and writing unit tests
- translate user requirements into technical requirements
- 3+ years in software development roles.
- 1+ years industry experience with Python.
- Comfort working with databases.
- Experience developing a hosted SaaS application.
- Experience in agile software development.
- Undergraduate degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- 1+ years professional experience with Node.js.
- 1+ years professional experience with Scala.
- 1+ years experience developing code that interacts with AWS services.
- Experience with ETL and data pipelines.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (ideally MongoDB).
- Experience with distributed systems (ideally on Hadoop or Spark).
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits
- Free snacks, drinks, and Friday team lunches
- Biweekly house cleaning
- Monthly TTC metropass
- Monthly training workshops, guest speakers, and annual budget for professional development
- Adjustable sit/stand desks, 4K monitors, and Apple laptops
- Relaxed, dog-friendly office with casual attire and ping-pong