Uber is looking for an Engineering Manager for the Developer Experience team to scale and manage those who build awesome tools for Uber's Engineering org. You will enable the Developer Experience team to do what they do best as â€œthe engineers for the engineers.â€ You will help create libraries, improve frameworks, update testing tools, onboard new engineers, teach Eng-ucation courses and improve dev environments. Your team is vital to sustain Uber's rapid growth. You will incorporate and improve technologies such as Phabricator, Jenkins, and Artifactory.
Qualities we're looking for:
- You enjoy building tools and environments that empower engineers to do great work.
- You can identify emerging patterns and get ahead of the need for new tools and resources.
- You're a quality czar. You like to go fast, but you also recognize the importance of testing and quality assurance.
- You're a leader. You're always researching ways to educate the engineering org in new methods and techniques. You recognize and develop talent, and you have the ability to optimize the engineering org for efficiency and productivity.
- You value skill development. You're a great mentor and teacher that exhibits patience and thoughtfulness.
Skills we're looking for:
- Working knowledge of at least one of these (bonus for more than one): Python, Node.js, Java, Go, Thrift.
- Proficiency in Linux.
- Full stack infrastructure knowledge from front-end to back-end.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.