Uber's Developer Experience team is seeking experienced software engineers to help build the tools and platforms to make our greater org successful as we scale from a few hundred folks way up to the thousands. We're part of the Infrastructure group, and that makes us the engineers for the engineers.
Our job is to remove friction and keep people productive. We help code flow all the way from concept workboard to production scale, all while maintaining quality, test coverage and coding standards. We keep Uber Engineering humming along, building the world's greatest transportation platform.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Our core language is Python. Familiarity is preferred but not at all required (you don't mind learning, right?). We run Phabricator, so if you have PHP experience, that's a bonus!
- Can you debug a Python or Node.js service while teaching your fellow engineer about your techniques? We work to elevate the whole org so patience is sometimes an important skill.
- We're building shared libraries for development, tools to automate common tasks, and systems to onboard engineers smoothly. We enable the rest of the org to build their services quickly. Sound good?
- We evaluate new tech to keep abreast of improvements we can make. Do you like comparing and contrasting ORMs and Flask extensions? We're all about it. We can't help if we don't understand.
- Beyond being able to read documentation and use it to install a new app or set up a service, do you know how to write it such that a day-one new grad can use it without help? Do you care? We do.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.