Uber is a Series E venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco, California. We're a game-changing company, altering the transportation space by allowing users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone. We are in over 300+ cities worldwide, including over 60+ cities in EMEA, with plans to rapidly expand our growth in the region.
We are looking to hire an EMEA Revenue Manager.
The EMEA Revenue Manager will have overall Finance responsibility for the EMEA revenue accounting and will ensure reported revenue is accurate and reliable. The Revenue Manager will work closely with the Global revenue team (based in the US) to support new lines of business and unique processes as well as with the city teams within the region.
This role is based in Amsterdam and reports to the EMEA Controller and works closely with the US revenue team to support well controlled and scalable processes.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage the end-to-end revenue process including revenue recognition and deferrals.
- Lead EMEA day-to-day and month-end close activities for all revenue related accounts by validating accruals, reviewing account reconciliations, and completing fluctuation analyses.
- Summarize revenue reporting on a monthly basis for the business and key members of management including performing revenue analytics and metrics to understand key drivers.
- Work closely with the global revenue team to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to automate revenue accounting processes including reconciliation of data, reporting, and analysis
- Work closely with the global revenue teamto define business requirements for enhancements or new functionality. Lead the team in performing process validation, user acceptance testing and data migration.Be the key finance contact with regards to revenue for contract review by working with finance, legal, engineering and various business owners.
- Assist in operational planning associated with new product offerings. Be strategic; help design system enhancements, process changes, and other improvements in order to achieve scalability and to support new business initiatives.
- Interface with the tax department for the indirect taxes and any other taxes related issues.
- Work directly with our external audit team and support the external audit, by providing supporting audit schedules, evidence, and process overview.
- Assist with the statutory financials or other local requirements in relation to the revenue accounts.
- Modify and implement controls as appropriate; conduct accounting process reviews with external auditors.
- Lead the EMEA revenue team by mentoring, teaching and reviewing the work of the team.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Solid knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP.
- Experience researching and documenting Gross vs. Net, Sales Incentives, and Multiple Element Arrangements preferred.
- Proven ability to understand and design end-to-end processes and complex financial systems.
- Detail oriented, organized, proven ability to manage multiple projects and teams.
- Advanced degree in Accounting or Finance; Chartered Accountant Preferred.
- 8+ years professional experience including 3+ in industry; 2+ years of managerial experience required.
- Experience auditing, implementing or operating in a SOX effective environment.
- Month-end close experience in Oracle or SAP.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment a plus.
- Knowledge of and basic ability to read and write SQL a plus. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data required.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.