***Role is based in Sandyford, Dublin 18, Ireland- Relocation Package included***
BetBright are looking for an Architect to join our Architecture team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about designing and creating web and mobile application that scale to thousands of simultaneous users and have a strong desire to push themselves to continually improve our architecture.
What We Want:
We are looking for a dynamic, skillful and enthusiastic person to join our Architecture team. We want someone who takes ownership for their work, is committed to building high quality, extensible code and who has experience working within an agile software development environment.
What is Expected of You:
- Design and develop architectural frameworks for web-based and mobile applications
- Design solutions which achieve high levels of performance, quality and end-user satisfaction
- Create design documents
- Provides technical guidance to developers on program coding and testing
- Resolves complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
- Participate in the full development life cycle including requirements analysis & documentation, and design.
- Advises development teams on development, testing and deployment
- Participate in code reviews to ensure applications support existing architecture and follow the defined framework guidelines and coding standards
- Develops creative solutions and functional prototypes to demonstrate proof of concepts and to enable rapid confirmation of design ideas
- Participate as a design leader in the creation of technological solutions
- Provide coverage and support of production application systems.
- Mentors our software developers
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer/architect is required
- Demonstrable experience of architecting and designing enterprise-level
applications and Web Services for Linux servers and MySQL/Postgres databases
- Extensive experience of asynchronous programming, MySQL, REST, JSON,
SOA, XML, XSL, Redis and enterprise-level ORM
- Expertise in designing and building multi-threaded, transactional and
- Good working knowledge of software configuration management and
continuous integration principles through the use of tools such as Git,
Jenkins, Vagrant and Ansible
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Python highly desirable
- Post graduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering,
Information Technology or a related technical field
- Experience with Agile software development teams and knowledge of the
software development lifecycle in a large enterprise environment
- Experience with Twisted
- Experience with logging/monitoring tools (such as New Relic, Zabbix and
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
If you are like this, then why not come and meet us at BetBright?