O'Donnell O'Neill Design are a multi award winning Interior Design practice who are responsible for creating many of the most talked about and creative bars, restaurant, hotels and nightclubs throughout the island of Ireland. Recently completed projects include Stella Theatre, Dollard & Co, Robertas, NoLita, The Dean, House, Lemon & Duke- to name but a few!
This is a great opportunity for a talented and experienced Interiors CAD Technician to join and grow with our highly creative and dynamic team in our Dun Laoghaire office. This will be an immediate start for the right candidate and you will be working with our growing team of design professionals on the design of some of the most trend setting hospitality and retail projects in the country. All our projects are bespoke and technically interesting.
You will need to have excellent interior technical ability with a particular forte in retail and hospitality design detailing. You will need to be a problem solver, have excellent communication skills, be self motivated, hard working, and thrive working as a member of a team and producing work that you take pride in.
The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years proven experience in Hospitality or Retail Interior Design detailing and will work directly as part of a small client/ contractor focused team . You will work directly as part of a team with a senior interior designer assisting in all aspects of the interior design detailing and tendering process and you must be capable of taking direction on a day to day basis on projects.
In order to apply, you must have a full portfolio of relevant experience demonstrating your skill set as outlined below.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Relevant Degree in Interior Architecture, Interior Technician, Architecture.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar Commercial Hospitality or Retail Interior Design practice working as an Interior Technician.
- A full and working knowledge of Current Irish Building Regulations and demonstrate experience and knowledge of this.
- Have a thorough working understanding of joinery detailing and construction.
- Assisting in the preparation of full working/tender drawing packages including plans, elevations and all relevant technical details for costing and joinery purposes in Auto Cad.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Manage time effectively throughout projects, ensuring deadlines are always met.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent working proficiency in Auto Cad, Photoshop and Sketch Up.
- Demonstrate experience of delivering neat and clear design information.
- Demonstrate experience in preparing bespoke FF&E Schedules for the hospitality interior design industry.
- Taking site surveys.
- Full driving licence preferred.
- Full fluency in spoken and written English.
The general duties of the ideal candidate will include but not be limited to the following:
- The Interior Technician will work directly as part of a design team and will report directly to the Senior Interior Designer and the Creative Directors.
- Be an integral part of all aspects the design detailing process.
- Preparation of full working/tender drawing packages with a high attention to detail.
- Preparation and documentation of FF&E schedules.
- Regularly communicating by phone and email in a professional manner with clients, suppliers and contractors to ensure the smooth running of the relevant project.
- Maintaining excellent client and contractor relationships.
- Ensuring all design details are in full compliance with the relevant building regulations.
- Keep up to date with all changes to building regulation codes of practices.
- Maintain excellent file management at all times on the projects they will be working on.
- Working closely with the other professional members of the project team such as architects, engineers, project managers, quantity surveyors and contractors.
- Production of 3D visuals for presentation purposes.
- Assisting in the production of professional presentations.
- Assistance in non project specific work as required by the Directors.