We are growing our Web Publishing team and seeking talented developers to join us in our Dublin offices near Merrion Sq. KAX Media exclusively seeks “A players”. We want a small group of super stars that are what Google calls “smart creatives”. We will give you a lot of independence and expect you to understand our business end to end. From your complete view of our business you will be able to make your own to-do list and prioritize things appropriately.
- Implementing pre-designed user interfaces in HTML/CSS/JS(jQuery)
- Developing new features, sections and at times whole new sites using tools and guidelines developed by KAX Media.
- Understanding web performance and how to load a page in 3 seconds or less in all browsers.
- Knowing how to achieve top marks in PageSpeed.
- Writing performant code form the start instead of retrofitting as an afterthought.
- Refining existing user interfaces
- Being obsessive about cross-browser compatibility at all times
- Configuring and executing A/B and multivariate tests
- Image editing and optimization for the Internet
- Working closely with content team on multilingual sites.
- Working Knowledge of MVC frameworks.
- Familiar with the build systems such as Grunt or Gulp and the NodeJS ecosystem are beneficial
- Aware of Design Patterns
- Understanding of web performance fundamentals
- Familiarity with Twig Template Engine
- Comfortable and effective using Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Clear understanding of website usability and usability best practices
- Familiarity with conversion rate optimization
- Ability to follow stylistic conventions of existing code
- Very clean design aesthetic, good feel for spacing and balance
- Knowledge of when to use particular technologies to solve particular problems
- Experience with version control tools like SmartGit
- Experience in PHP development is beneficial but not a prerequisite for this role