Secret Escapes France was launched in Spring 2016 as we grew our presence across Europe. It has experienced strong growth since then and it’s now at a stage where we want to take it to the next level. We’ve proven many of the basic assumptions around its potential so we’re now looking for an inspiring Head of Market with experience of the French market to deliver its full potential.
Overall Job Purpose
We're looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter who has the ambition and the experience to drive the growth of this territory forward. The role requires plenty of agile and innovative thinking and a ‘can do’ attitude that can turn those ideas into reality through a mix of individual industriousness, excellent motivation of the team and all-round first class execution.
The role will take direct responsibility for managing the trading, and editorial teams, as well as a dedicated growth hacking unit that offers the opportunity to turbo charge the evolution of your territory. In addition you will be responsible for briefing central functions such as marketing who must strive to deliver the excellent results you need to ask of them.
In short you will be a force of nature, and your passion, drive and intelligent approach will inspire your team to meet the ambitious goals you set for Secret Escapes France.
We will consider candidates based in either London or home based France (regular UK travel if the latter) and the role reports directly to the C-level team.
- Deliver and exceed the target P&L for the territory
- Enable the quickest growth in the shortest time possible by setting local strategy based on experience, market research, proposition testing and competitor profiling
- Ensure a market leading mix of holiday and hotel supply is always available to your members
- Explore and test territory specific marketing channels not covered by the central team
- Tenaciously find and leverage local partnerships to grow the widest possible audience
- Build and manage a growth hacking team who can test and iterate on local solutions
Technical Skills Required
- Understands territory P&L and how each piece of the operation impacts on it
- Understands acquisition marketing strategy and practice, can question intelligently
- Understands supply acquisition
- Thorough understanding of cohort methodology and relevance to the financial model
- An understanding of the French travel market and its value chain
Leadership & Management Qualities
- Sets a compelling vision for the team and inspires through personal delivery and integrity
- Leads within the senior team, takes the initiative to raise issues and propose solutions
- Creates a culture where success is celebrated and underperformance isn’t swept under the carpet but dealt with honestly, openly and fairly
- Sets clear objectives, monitors and evaluates performance
- Communicates business, team and personal performance on a regular and reliable basis
- Will be fluent in English and a native-level French speaker in both your verbal and written skills
- Ability to analyse large and complex data sets to identify and explain trends
- Ideally will have experience in the French travel/hotel industry
- Working internationally with teams across country borders is an asset
- Hands on and proven experience in leadership and management roles
- Must have a thorough understanding of the competitive marketplace in France
The deal breakers. We are looking for.
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience of at least one of flash sales, e-commerce or online travel business
- A deep understanding of the French market
- P&L exposure
- Expert stakeholder management and cross functional communication skills
- Experience in quantitative business analysis
And you are someone who…
- Has gravitas, style and a presence that makes a positive impression
- Is persistent and never accepts falling at the first hurdle
- Is open-minded enough to listen to and be influenced by sound arguments and new information or evidence
- Sets an inspiring example through personal delivery, energy and determination
- Seeks out and uses data where available to take calculated risks and make informed commercial decisions
- Role models a problem solving, solution focused approach to ensure the team always get the job done and overcome any obstacles