Who are we?
We’re Hostmaker – nice to meet you! Our attentive, hotel-style services create unforgettable experiences for those welcomed into the homes of our hosts. We provide the little touches that do big things, from linen rentals and housekeeping to meeting and greeting excited explorers when they arrive.
We’re well on our way to world domination (or at least becoming the preferred hospitality management service for homestays worldwide). And we’re looking for a bright, budding Jack of all Trades to join our Guest Experience team for an internship, working hard across a variety of tasks each day to help keep our guests glowing and hosts happy.
What can you expect?
- To gain amazing experience in a fast-paced hospitality startup
- To develop a varied set of skills. No two days are the same, and you could be tasked with anything from meeting and greeting guests, to managing our hosts’ inboxes and developing new conceirge services
- To polish your problem-solving skills. We’ll be testing your mettle with a whole host of tasks, some of them we’ve never tackled before. It’ll be down to you to steer our course
- To brush up on your knowledge of London’s hidden spots and greatest hits – particularly busy days might see you greeting curious guests on the doorsteps of some of London’s prettiest pads
- To work full-time, and occasionally over weekends and bank holidays. Alas, it can’t all be fun and games (but we do have plenty of those, too!)
Who are you?
- A travel enthusiast, obviously
- You truly get Airbnb (for hosts and for guests), and you’ll get extra points if you’ve previously worked in/studied the hospitality industry
- You’ve got a strong, affable personality, and you bring this to every guest interaction
- The best time-manager in the West. You’ll be busy, and we’ll need to know you can get the job done while managing your own workflow
- A young gun with ambition, big ideas and drive to rival our own
- You’ve also got great attention to detail, which you’ll prove to us when you remember to mention your favourite holiday destination in your application
- Ideally, you have experience in a client-facing role and in an organisation where coordination among departments was critical to success
We love what we do, and make sure everyone in the team feels valued, respected and important. This makes people take pride in their work, and that’s when the best work is produced. A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- £1200 per month (gross)
- A fast-growing startup full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- A supportive investor group that believes in our vision
- Discounted Airbnb travel
- Discounts at Hostmaker homes (we’re now in London, Rome, Paris and Barcelona! More cities opening this year)
- Local travel, phone and phone contracts are included
If we’ve succeeded in exciting you to join us, and you think you fit the bill, then we’d love to for you to apply.