We’re now looking for a Lead Site Engineer / Development Manager who has both the technical ability and managerial acumen to oversee the development and growth of this new site. You will work collaboratively with the wider Tech and Product teams as well as stakeholders across the business to ensure the continued delivery of high quality software solutions across all sites
As an ecommerce business, the success of Secret Escapes is inextricably linked to the quality and ability of its engineering team.
Over the years we’ve put together a team of highly capable engineers in multiple locations across Europe which has worked very well for us. Recently we decided to open a software development site in Bristol in order to take advantage of the amazing talent pool on offer there as well as provide a non London alternative to our UK based developers.
This position is ideal for an experienced technical lead who wants to take on wider managerial responsibilities.
● Provide direction and apply technical expertise in the design, implementation and delivery of
● Guide the local team through the development, testing and implementation stages and review
the completed work effectively
● Participate in architectural sessions to improve the overall quality and stability of the system
● Coordinate with the Product team in the planning of features by providing estimates based on
complexity and effort required.
● Identify talent gaps and lead the hiring process in to bring in new talent
● Conduct performance reviews of local team members and identify areas of improvement, give
feedback and make recommendations for further responsibilities
● Ensure that Secret Escapes’ values and vision are adhered to and upheld in the remote location