***Role is based in Sandyford, Dublin 18, Ireland- Relocation Package included***
BetBright are looking for an experienced Python Software Developer to join our development team. The ideal candidate will have excellent programming skills with a focus on quality, performance, extensibility and maintainability of code.
What We Want:
We are looking for a dynamic, skillful and enthusiastic person to join our Software Development team. Someone who takes ownership for their work, is committed to building high quality, extensible code and who has experience working within an agile software development team is the ideal.
What is Expected of You:
- To design and develop code with performance optimization, extensibility and maintainability in mind
- Own and drive development tasks that you are involved in, participating and supporting your agile development SCRUM team. Provide support to the business for critical issues.
- Functionally and Unit test all developed code to a very high standard to enable QA to test efficiently
What You Need:
- Demonstrable experience with Python, MySQL & Linux
- 5+ years professional development experience
- Experience in version control systems, ideally Git
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced development schedule
- Strong communication skills and fluency in verbal and written English are essential
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar
- Experience/understanding of working in an Agile environment
- Experience with asynchronous networking library such as Twisted or Tornado
- Redis or other modern non-relational data storage systems
- Testing. Especially unit testing, test-driven development and behaviour-driven developmen
- Modern Python web frameworks. e.g. Flask, Django and Python ORM e.g. storm, sqlalchemy
If you are like this, then why not come and meet us at BetBright?