Providing inspirational leadership to the 60 strong UK team (teams include Hotel Sales, Holiday Sales, Editorial, Operations, Planning and Merchandising) you will ensure everyone in the team is engaged and productive.
Things you’ll be working on
UK Secret Escapes Strategy and P&L Ownership
- P&L and budgetary accountability for the UK Secret Escapes business.
- Own and execute the UK strategy to drive high consumer value (through strong repeat purchase and ongoing conversion) to ensure net revenue growth.
- Analyse opportunities for growth and carry out regular SWOT analysis to mitigate any potential risks through industry and market changes.
- Look for opportunities for internal efficiencies and ensure the UK business operates effectively and efficiently.
UK Team Leadership
- Provide inspirational leadership to the 60 strong UK team (teams include Hotel Sales, Holiday Sales, Editorial, Operations, Planning and Merchandising) to ensure everyone in the team is engaged and productive.
- Create a culture within the UK team which enables everyone in the team to excel.
- Communicate downwards expertly, delegate effectively without abdicating responsibility.
- Recognise talent, bring it into the UK business and develop talent from within Secret Escapes UK.
- Be a key member of the Secret Escapes Executive Team and actively contribute to achieving the group strategy.
UK Hotel and Holiday Supply
- Be responsible for ensuring the UK site is full of high quality product (allocations, price point, discount) in the right place at the right time. Be accountable for the mix of exceptional domestic supply, packages and selected mid and long haul.
- Work with the various country General Managers to supply appropriate UK product to international points of sale to enable achievement of international and group targets.
- Be accountable for converting supply to sales, via CRM and site performance, data-driven planning and in week merchandising.
- Be the voice of the UK business when discussing the technology roadmap
- Work with marketing to drive sales page views, through email and non-email traffic plus CRM to increase email open rates and click-through rates.
- Lead the UK Planning and Merchandising Teams to convert sales page views with quality product in the right place/time to increase average order value and gross profit per visit.
The deal breakers
- Proven leadership skills of sales and non-sales teams
- Experience of at least one of flash sales, e-commerce or online travel
- P&L exposure
- Experience in a matrix organisation
- Expert stakeholder management and cross-functional communication skills
- Experience in quantitative business analysis
And you are…
- Prepared to listen to and be influenced by sound arguments and new information or evidence
- Have gravitas, style and a presence that makes a positive impression
- Set an inspiring example through personal delivery, energy and determination
- You seek out and use data when available to take data-driven risks and make informed commercial decisions
- You are a role model with a problem solving, solution-focused approach to ensure the team always get the job done and overcome any obstacles