We’re a team of sixteen HR peeps; ten in London, four in Warsaw and two in Berlin. This role will report into the Group HR Director. The HR team was founded two years ago, we’ve achieved a huge amount in that time and we’re looking for someone to join our team who’s excited to build things from the ground up.
About Secret Escapes:
Secret Escapes is the UK’s biggest members-only website that runs best-in-market flash sales of four and five star hotels and holidays worldwide. We offer our members exclusive rates of up to 60% off.
We're looking for grafters and self-starters to join the gang, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there's no room for coasting along. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to get our hands dirty and we're all madly passionate about our brand.
Questions you will help answer:
• How do we raise the performance benchmark by enabling a culture of goal setting, prioritisation and feedback?
• How do we maximise business and people data to ensure HR activity is focused and has a clear ROI?
• How do we support learning and development practices to ensure everyone has the best chance of success at Secret Escapes?
• How do we monitor and evolve Secret Escapes’ culture during a sustained period of rapid headcount growth (our headcount has doubled in last two years)?
Things you’ll be working on:
• Partnering Heads of Departments across multiple countries to understand business performance drivers including employee engagement, organisation structure, capability and culture. Identifying improvements that can be made and tailor line management advice accordingly.
• Own elements of the HR Roadmap and work closely with the Group HR Director on project delivery around talent and performance management, learning and development and cultural management.
• Be a trusted advisor and coach on all HR matters to Heads of Department and Managers.
• Deliver complex ER case management and advise line management on employment regulations and procedures to enable successful re-organisations, improvement in working practices and productivity, without adverse impact on regulatory/legal compliance, company reputation or employee engagement.
• Building and reviewing HR processes throughout the employee life cycle to ensure they are innovative and meet business requirements.
How the magic happens:
We’re a team of sixteen HR peeps; ten in London, four in Warsaw and two in Berlin. This role will report into the Group HR Director. The HR team was founded two years, we’ve achieved a huge amount in that time and we’re looking for someone to join our team who’s excited to build things from the ground up.
In short, we work hard, get our stakeholders and have the full support of our two Co-Founders (one Co-Founder is very easy to spot in the office, he wears an animal themed jumpers on Friday).
The deal breakers. We are looking for:
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Proven HR BP skills
• Ability to produce creative, business sound solutions
• Evidence of end to end HR project delivery
• Proven track record to deliver projects on time and on budget
• International HR experience or exposure is a big plus
• Ability to prioritise effectively
And you are…
• Someone who exceeds people’s expectations on a regular basis
• Someone who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up
• Results driven, yet light-hearted and fun
• A strong communicator who can hold their own
• You have an eye for detail
• Someone with a high degree of integrity, confidentiality and commitment
• Have strong numeracy and excel skills
• Resilient and resourceful with a 'can do' attitude
Things you should know:
• The pace at Secret Escapes is fast and the opportunities for HR to add real value are endless. Be prepared to have real ownership and feel like it’s your business that you are running.
• Group HR Director is obsessed with her dog. Be prepared to smile and nod at regular dog updates.
• Serious conversations will be held while sitting on the space hoppers by our desks. Your core stability will increase considerably.