This is an exciting new role that would allow you to shape how communications look internally. We’re still growing fast as a company and good comms are going to be so important to get us there, making sure everyone’s on board and that we don’t lose our unique culture.
This role sits within the HR team, and there is potential for this role to be part time.
Questions you will help answer
- What does great comms look like Secret Escapes?
- How should we evolve the look and feel of internal communications?
- How can we improve two-way communication?
- How could we improve communications across departments and countries?
Things you’ll be working on
- Making sure employees are informed, motivated and excited about Secret Escape’s culture, values and vision, and that everyone is kept in the loop on any company news or changes
- Working collaboratively with all areas of the business (including our two Co-Founders) to coordinate all internal communications. You’ll be the go-to person for information from various stakeholders across the business.
- Creating clear and engaging content about a number of topics such as company updates, department updates, wellbeing initiatives, training, employee recognition, competitions and new starter lunches
- Proofreading copy, and pulling out key messages from text heavy documents, in keeping with our tone of voice
- Managing and updating the internal communications calendar
- Organising employee meetings and events including social events
- Supporting with the design and coordination of communications material and channels - this could be emails, video content, newsletters, posters, desk drops, f2f,
- Supporting the HR team with group projects which require internal comms
How the magic happens
We’re a team of 16 HR peeps; nine in London, four in Warsaw, two in Berlin and one in New York. This role will report into the HR Business Partner. The HR team was founded 18 months ago, we’ve achieved a huge amount in that time and we’re looking for someone to join our growing team who’s excited to build things from the ground up.
In short, we work hard, get our stakeholders and have the full support of our two Co-Founders (one Co-Founder is very easy to spot in the office, he wears an animal themed jumpers on Friday).
The deal breakers. We are looking for.
- Someone who gets excited by communications and engagement, with proven experience in an internal communication role
- Ability to organise multiple projects simultaneously, prioritising competing workloads to meet deadlines
- Someone keen to come up with new ideas and ways of doing things
- Great content writing and proofreading skills, with a friendly and informal tone of voice
- Experience of working in the Adobe Creative suite would be a plus
- Some experience of creating email campaigns in a CRM tool or Mailchimp
And you are…
- Keen to grow and get the chance to really make your mark on the role
- Creative and proactive with lots of bright ideas
- An excellent eye for detail
- Someone who exceeds people’s expectations on a regular basis
- A naturally confident communicator
- Super organised
- Full of energy
- Approachable demeanour with a happy to help attitude
- A team player with a 'can do' attitude
Things you should know
You may put on a couple of pounds joining our team. We have a mild addiction to Lola Cup Cakes, chocolate, bread, Carr’s cheese melts and pasta (essentially all dirty white carbs).
Our Global Head of HR is obsessed with her dog. Be prepared to smile and nod at regular dog updates.
Serious conversations will be held while sitting on the space hoppers by our desks. Your core stability will increase considerably.