Sky and Schawk launched the Sky Works studio in 2014 – it is an incredibly successful bespoke solution for Sky’s advertising design and production needs.
A rare and exciting opportunity has now arisen to join our close-knit team, which designs and delivers everything from press campaigns to HTML5 display ad suites to 32pp brochures. You’ll be organised, precise, comfortable taking the initiative and used to working to tight deadlines. It’s vital that you take pride in your work, ensuring that it’s right first time. Designing and delivering concepts and artwork in an open environment (Sky Works is based in the heart of Sky’s Marketing department), you’ll be working with renowned creative agencies as well as Sky Creative, adapting their ideas appropriately. If you’re confident, collaborative, calm under pressure and enjoy the buzz of a busy and fast-paced advertising studio environment, we want to hear from you.
Creates / adapts copy and concepts, spanning print, email, digital etc. Under the direction of the Head of Copy, and with input from the Account and/or Management Team, develops copy for a variety of communications, with an emphasis on direct response. Meets the requirements of the brief to create the desired messages, concepts, etc. Collaborates with designers to express the creative vision across various touchpoints.
• Attends client meetings as necessary.
• Ensures high-quality standards in all copywriting client deliverables.
• Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of deliverables based on objectives and concepts established by the client.
• Presents, or participates in planning meetings with clients and/or internal teams as needed to develop the creative brief for assignments of varying scope and complexity; and/or to communicate product information and/or to develop style guides.
• Meets quality standards at all times for all assigned deliverables and makes recommendations to Management for improvements in textual content, tools, processes and/or assigned tasks.
• Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the business; listens and values the opinions of others.
• Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organisation to meet the needs of the business.
• Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes; encourages and empowers others to do the same.
• Embraces change; maintains an open mind and is flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and change.
• Focuses efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the Company’s Strategic Imperatives.
• Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and
drive career development.
• Supports Company’s profitability efforts by focusing on the efficient, accurate and timely
completion of the assigned copywriting activities.
• May perform other duties, as needed, to meet the needs of the business.
Education & Certifications
• College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) or equivalent degree within appropriate discipline such as English, Communications, or Journalism required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job.
• Experience in Direct Response copywriting (either in-house or within an agency) is essential.
• Multi-channel long and short copywriting experience required.
Skills & Abilities
• Works well under pressure and thrives in busy studio environment.
• Sound understanding of the clients’ products, services, and brand image.
• Sound understanding of copywriting techniques and processes.
• Strong command of English, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Good people, organisational and analytical skills (inc. time management and attention to detail).
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic to proficient computer software skills: Apple Mac equipment and operating systems.
• Creative writing skills.
• Ability to translate the creative vision into words (i.e. to provide the ‘voice’ of the brand across a variety of routes to market).
• Ability to develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with peers and colleagues.
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal clients and/or external clients.
• Ability to: work well in a team environment (with a moderate degree of supervision); handle a heavy workload; prioritise work, and meet deadlines.
• You will attend Digital Development planning meetings with clients and team members as required
• Ensure high standards of quality in all client deliverables and in all work related communications
• Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of all development work within the overall Digital Development workflow, meeting client expectations, objectives, and specifications
• Meets quality standards at all times for all assigned deliverables and makes recommendations, where appropriate to Management for improvements in reports, tools, processes and assigned tasks
• Promotes a consistent and admirable level of behaviour and communication at all times
• Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the business; listens to and values the opinion of others
• Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organisation to meet the needs of the business
• Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes; encourages and empowers others to do the same
• Embraces change; maintains an open mind and is flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and change
• Focuses efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the company’s Strategic Imperatives
• Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities
• Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development
• Supports the company’s profitability efforts by focusing on the efficient, accurate and timely completion of the assigned Digital Development activities
• Participates in meetings to establish the company’s Digital Development strategy as required
• Makes effective use of time and participates in ongoing training and self development to hone skills and improve capability to better assist the Digital Development strategy
• May perform other duties during sociable and unsociable hours, as needed, to meet the needs of the business
Education & Certification (desirable but not essential):
• College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) or equivalent degree within appropriate Software Development discipline in Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job
• Experience in front end web development essential
• Extensive experience with table based layouts, cascading style sheets and media queries
• Advertising Agency experience or similar production environment
• Practical experience of Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Campaign manager experience or similar platform
Primary Skill & Abilities:
• Ability to turn design concepts into a finished product
• Building responsive HTML emails including knowledge of kinetic email
• Comprehensive knowledge of HTTP, HTTPS, HTML, CSS2, CSS3, CSS query selectors
• Email testing software: Litmus, EmailOnAcid or similar
• Basic people, organisational and analytical skills (including time management and attention to detail)
• Ability to work well in a team environment, to collaborate effectively with key partners in other areas of the organisation, to prioritise work, and to meet assigned deadlines
• Office administration using the Microsoft Office suite
• AfterEffects experience
• Version control (GIT/SVN)
We like to think we're a kind of hybrid place to work - on the one hand we're an agency - agile, energetic, fast-moving, have space for ideas and innovation and expect self-starting, hard workers. On the other hand we offer the safety and security of being a global corporation on the NYSE - standardised ways of working, processes, systems, financial rigour, procedures and policies, annual development plans etc.
It's an interesting combination and if you're smart, resilient, committed and know what you're doing, it's rewarding and occasionally fun! The people are great too...