This is an exciting opportunity to join the UK Commercial Team. As Commercial Manager, you’ll be responsible for planning and trading. You will achieve this by delivering a strong pipeline of domestic hotels and maximising the performance of that pipeline whilst the deals are live, to deliver growth, increase conversion and squeeze the highest margin out of every click.
Things you’ll be working on
- You’ll work closely with the sales team to ensure destination slot numbers within your own region(s) are hit, and ensure that the range of deals within your category is strong, week after week.
- You’ll define deal quality criteria to support the approvals process, and use data to provide the sales team with recommendations on deal structure.
- You’ll monitor the performance of deals and regions daily using a range of tools, and work with the sales team to deliver in-week deal improvements (including allocation top-ups), where needed.
- With a deep understanding of deal real estate, you’ll help deliver our in-week exposure strategy by driving traffic to the best deals through the merchandising of the homepage, collections and emails.
- You’ll report on product line performance and pipeline health regularly, providing context for the rest of the business and flagging relevant trends that can be fed back into planning strategy to drive continual improvement.
- You’ll carry out market analysis when required, and flag competitor activity, threats and opportunities with relevant stakeholders.
We are looking for.
- Experience in the hotel/travel industry with a background in pipeline planning, online trading, e-commerce or merchandising.
- Strong analytical skills, and a competent Excel user
- A strong communicator, with the ability to strike a rapport with others in the business
- Commercially-minded with the ability to take a step back and see the bigger picture, and understand where your work fits in with the wider objectives of the business
- An ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritise effectively and stay cool under pressure
And you are…
- Keen to take ownership
- Pro-active and results-driven
- A great team-player
- Someone who asks for help when they need it
- Motivated by a challenge