This is an exciting opportunity to join the UK Commercial Team. As Commercial Manager, you’ll be responsible for planning and delivering a strong pipeline of international hotels and packages, working closely with the trading team to maximise performance.
Things you’ll be working on
- You’ll work closely with the sales team to ensure destination slot numbers within your own region(s) are hit, and ensure that the range of deals within your category is strong, week after week.
- Be the go-to person for specific international points of supply, help them grow new and existing destinations on the UK POS, through collaborative project work, planning and analysis.
- You’ll carry out the pipeline management process in order to obtain a mix of deals that delight our customers and delivers against challenging growth targets.
- You’ll define deal quality criteria to support the approvals process, and use data to provide the sales team with recommendations on deal structure.
- You’ll report on product line performance and pipeline health regularly, providing context for the rest of the business and flagging relevant trends that can be fed back into planning strategy to drive continual improvement.
- You’ll carry out market analysis when required, and flag competitor activity, threats and opportunities with relevant stakeholders.
We are looking for.
- Experience in the hotel/travel industry with a background in pipeline planning, online trading, e-commerce or merchandising.
- Strong analytical skills, and a competent Excel user
- A strong communicator, with the ability to strike a rapport with others in the business
- Commercially-minded with the ability to take a step back and see the bigger picture, and understand where your work fits in with the wider objectives of the business
- An ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritise effectively and stay cool under pressure
And you are…
- Keen to take ownership
- Pro-active and results-driven
- A great team-player
- Someone who asks for help when they need it
- Motivated by a challenge