Title: Producer - UNILAD Adventure
Reports to: Head of Adventure
Based at: Manchester
We are looking for an organised and resourceful person who can assist in the production of original travel videos, carry out extensive research on travel destinations and remotely manage content producers across the globe from our Manchester office to create original video content for UNILAD Adventure.
Being able to multitask is a fundamental skill in this role as well as being able to meet any deadline, and being budget conscious, so organisation is key. In this role you will oversee each project from conception to completion and may also be involved in the creative process. You'll work closely with travel influencers, directors and other production staff taking charge of all project operations and be able to think on your feet.
What you will be doing
- Remotley organising and planning travel itineraries, either independently, with the Adventure team or with travel influencers.
- Draw up detailed video production schedules and budgets for active jobs, based on the brief, logistics, timings and estimated costs.
- Remotely managing and connecting with creators and content producers across a number of cities and countries worldwide.
- Manage a series of productions simultaneously, adhering to UNILAD’s house style.
- Able to think on your feet when last minute changes occur and solve problems in a calm and efficient manner.
- Problem-solve and communicate between inter-departmental teams during the production process.
- Participate in calls/meetings where concepts and pitches are discussed and collaborate with UNILAD Adventure team to develop and document insightful stories to commission.
- Arrange any necessary permissions and risk assessments.
- Track production costs and provide reconciliation reports as requested.
- Negotiate costs with suppliers.
- Hire the crew and contractors, equipment and supplies
What you will need
- Experience in media and/or publishing as a researcher or production assistant, couple with passion for adventure, travel, culture and lifestyle.
- Advanced knowledge of video pre-production, production and post-production, including workflows and processes, equipment and software programs/tools.
- Strong editorial eye; understanding what content is right for your audience and what will work on the UNILAD Adventure page.
- Experience and knowledge of working with video formats.
- Experience with various budget sizes
- Previous remote management experience is desirable.
- Strong organisation and talent management
- Strong relationship management and project management skills.
- Willingness to work beyond conventional/contracted hours
- Bachelor degree in media or equivalent experience in media production
- Health and Safety course preferable but not necessary