As Secret Escapes continues its rapid growth we are investing in systems and software to enable us to do and control this as efficiently and scalable as possible.
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve:
As Secret Escapes continues its rapid growth we are investing in systems and software to enable us to do and control this as efficiently and scalable as possible. As our cost base increases, we need to make sure we are ready and able to proactively solve our internal departmental and external suppliers’ needs. To do this we need to understand the financial tech deeply and apply that knowledge to our business; to be able to spot and address payment issues before they arise and to enable the wider SE ship to keep sailing without a hitch!
To be able to make a difference in the team and enjoy a cool working environment.
Things you’ll be working on
- Processing supplier invoices using our Concur system. Allocating cost codes, territory and budget holders for the monthly management accounts and subsequent upload into our accounting system.
- Managing internal queries and request for changing invoices / POs / PRs and ensuring correct process is observed for these requests.
- Multi-currency bank transaction, journals processing and bank reconciliation using Netsuite software
- Processing employee expenses and credit card transactions, examination of supporting documentation and approval.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT information for multiple subsidiaries and assisting Finance Managers with any requests for information for Statutory or audit purposes.
- Preparation of Intercompany reconciliations
- Maintaining the Fixed Assets Register and depreciation schedule
- Assisting Finance Managers with preparation of monthly management accounts
- Liaising with other departments and subsidiaries on a range of issues, including our many teams around the world
- Work with Finance Managers to review process improvements opportunities and work with the team to implement them
- Support standard monthly timetable tasks and other ad-hoc processes
How the magic happens
We’re a team of energetic people focused on ensuring the Secret Escapes suppliers are kept happy and our colleagues are kept aware of how and when payments happen and keeping the whole operations squeaky clean, smooth and as effective as possible. We have invested in some of the best financial software – Concur & NetSuite - and are starting to leverage this success to make our department (and therefore the whole company) slicker, faster and more transparent. We are always looking forward as well, we want people to contribute ideas towards improvements and who will help drive us towards achieving our targets.
The deal breakers
- Great Excel skills (very good working knowledge of vlookup and PivotTables is required)
- Fluent in English (any another foreign language would be beneficial)
- Solid understanding of basic accounting payable principles, including a good knowledge of VAT
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records (NetSuite and/or Concur experience beneficial)
- Cleared to work in the UK/EU
- Experience in a similar position and in a dynamic multi-national environment is beneficial
And you are…
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is imperative
- Ability prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous, organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and driven
- Willing to adapt and pick up new techniques
Things you should know
Check shirt and quiz Fridays, Margaritas from time to time, and brownies … oh well, almost every day. So, if you’re a hard-working, competitive and fun individual with a great (or not) selection of check shirts and a sweet tooth our team will be perfect for you!