We are excited to offer a lead opportunity for a Tax Manager to work within the Finance department of Secret Escapes. The role reports directly to the Finance Director and is critical to help manage projects across the business forward.
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve
- How can we ensure that as a business we are on top of compliance and reporting, and avoid tax controversy but without inhibiting our ability to move fast?
- How do we deliver proactive tax advice to key stakeholders within the Secret Escapes business?
- How do we ensure tax compliance across a multinational company?
Things you’ll be working on
- Take the lead on and be responsible for providing tax support to a global business, with specific focus on Transfer Pricing and Value Added Tax (including TOMS)
- Be the point of contact for and partner with Finance, stakeholders, Execs, Legal, HR and external advisors on tax planning matters
- Work with the Finance team and external advisers across multiple jurisdictions to support tax and financial reporting
How the magic happens
We are a team of 30 people in London, two in Berlin, six in Warsaw and five in Prague - mostly we’re accountants or lawyers by training.
We operate as both disclosed agent for third parties and as principal as a tour operator with operations in over twenty countries. Consequently, tax and tax compliance is an area of operational importance.
The deal breakers
- You will be able to demonstrate practical experience of managing tax affairs
- You will have a strong background in transfer pricing and/or VAT (including TOMS)
- You will have experience with accounting for income taxes under IFRS and local GAAPs
- You will be a fully qualified ACA or CTA (or equivalent)
- Preferably you will have previous experience within a Big 4 accounting firm
- You will have a solid history either in practice or industry following qualification
- This role is a global role and experience and knowledge of the tax regimes across multiple countries is strongly desirable
And you are…
- This is the first Tax role at Secret Escapes and as such you will need to be enthusiastic about operating autonomously at times and managing your own workload in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- A problem-solving individual
- Excellent communicator at all levels with tenacious interpersonal skills
- A master of juggling – managing many projects simultaneously
- Team player and highly motivated
- Have a keen eye for detail due to the data-intensive business environment
Things you should know
Our team has a loving relationship with bad puns, foreign foodstuffs and contains a surprisingly high number of good dancers (three). You can expect to be tested by each of these.
You’ll be based in our London office.