As the company grows, so does the risk posed by our operations with hoteliers, tour operators and excursion providers around the world. This role is a newly created role to help to manage that risk and support the Secret Escapes business across multiple markets and divisions.
Problems we are trying to solve
- How do we minimise risk and ensure we are remaining compliant across the business to protect Secret Escapes and our members and partners?
- How do we ensure risks are monitored and high-risk suppliers are highlighted?
- How do we manage the data and records making sure they are kept up to date and useful to the wider business?
Things you’ll be working on
- Day to day responsibility for advising on and implementing our safety management system;
- Providing training to teams on the safety management system and compliance/ know your client issues;
- Monitor and flag the destinations and airlines/tour operators used by Secret Escapes with most number of customers at any one time;
- Monitoring of exposure to major/high risk suppliers;
- Monitor changes to Foreign and Commonwealth Office guidance and advise customer services and sales teams accordingly;
- Liaise with insurers and be the point of contact for insurance questions;
- Spot checks on the website to check we are correctly categorising our sales and to make sure we are not offering anything we shouldn’t;
- Oversee the process of obtaining insurance and health and safety information from hotels and tour operators;
- Understanding the high-level requirements for cross-border sales and the necessary licenses / insurance required for each;
- Advising teams on risk categories of different excursion types and what is acceptable;
- Monitor the number of destination management companies with higher risk excursions and ensure the overall risk profile is kept under control.
How the magic happens
We are a Finance and Legal team of 30 people in London, two in Berlin, six in Warsaw and five in Prague - mostly we’re accountants or lawyers by training.
The deal breakers
- Previous experience in a compliance or risk related role
- Previous experience working within the travel industry, ideally a tour operator or travel agent.
- You will have worked within an environment where the terms DMCs, KYC, SMS are well versed and prominent
- Some knowledge/understanding of legal and/or procurement practices would be helpful
- Able to work effectively across functional teams
And you are…
- Keen to have real ownership
- Someone who exceeds people’s expectations on a regular basis
- Super-diligent and logical in your work
- Results driven, yet light-hearted and fun
- Have a keen eye for detail due to the data-intensive business environment
- Excellent communicator at all levels with amazing interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to influence key decision makers
- Excited by, but naturally cautious of, activities such as snowmobiling, volcano treks and helicopter transfers
Things you should know
Our team has a loving relationship with bad puns, foreign foodstuffs and contains a surprisingly high number of good dancers (three). You can expect to be tested by each of these.