We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Partner for our Tech, Product, Customer Service and Marketing functions to help us achieve ambitious goals, one of which is to double the size of the Tech team.
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is the UK’s biggest members-only website that runs best-in-market flash sales of four and five star hotels and holidays worldwide. We offer our members exclusive rates of up to 60% off.
We're looking for grafters and self-starters to join the gang, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there's no room for coasting along. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to get our hands dirty and we're all madly passionate about our brand.
Questions you will help answer
How to recruit the best talent into Secret Escapes?
How do we ensure our candidate have the best candidate journey?
How do we keep up to date and modern with recruitment methods and trends?
Things you’ll be working on
- Support Hiring Managers and Heads of Departments to identify the highest quality candidates
- Ensure Hiring Managers are creating the best possible candidate experiences through strong interview skills and timely, specific feedback - you will have full ownership of the roles you are working on.
- A key focus of this role will be Tech, get ready to start letting candidates know our tech stack is Groovy (not in the Phil Collins way but a language called Groovy). We also want someone who is not only a Tech whizz but can turn their hand to Product, Customer Service and Marketing vacancies when required.
- Organising meet-ups and hackathons, enabling Secret Escapes to become a destination of choice for Tech Talent
- Creating new and innovative channels to attract quality candidates
- Attending events such as UX Crunch, SMR (to name a few)
- Support the Head of Talent in devising and building Secret Escapes recruitment strategy for various teams across the UK
- Ensure that the recruitment team is using best practice and innovative techniques
- Help to Build an unbeatable employer brand for Secret Escapes
- Reporting regular performance metrics to assess success
How the magic happens
We’re a team of 16 HR peeps; ten in London, three in Warsaw, two in Berlin and one in New York. We work hard, get our stakeholders and have the full support of our two Co-Founders (one Co-Founder is very easy to spot in the office, he wears an animal themed jumpers on Friday).
The deal breakers
- You will have a strong recruitment background either from agency or internal recruitment
- Excellent candidate service and care about the candidate journey
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with all employees including Senior Stakeholders
- Strong business acumen and the ability to keep in mind the impact of any action on Secret Escapes
- You’re passionate about Technology, and are happy to speak to dev’s on a technical level
- Drive to succeed within a fun, vibrant driven company
- Be able to juggle and keep on top of tasks
And you have…
- Extensive recruitment experience
- Direct sourcing background with a good knowledge of direct sourcing tools such as LinkedIn, Hired and Stack overflow
- A can do attitude with a proactive and resourceful outlook
- The ability to think outside the box to attract talent into niche roles
- Knowledge of the tech industry and the roles within a tech team
- Ideally participated in technical recruitment meet-ups and networking events
Things you should know
You may put on a couple of pounds when joining our team. We have a mild addiction to Lola Cup Cakes, chocolate, bread and Carr’s cheese melts although there has been a trend towards Brownies from Leather Lane recently.