Our network is growing rapidly and we are looking for a highly entrepreneurial and motivated speaker coordinator who can help us seek and secure high level speakers for individual speaking engagements, involvement in panels or conferences, as well as booking speaker/personalities to host events or dinners. Speakers will be working in a variety of industries including arts & entertainment, successful entrepreneurs & investors, authors, health & wellness and sports, politics and culinary, etc.
The ideal candidate is organized, enthusiastic, and able to see opportunities in obstacles. The candidate has also organized events in the past (informal and formal), is motivated by building a community of the most inspiring people and thrives in a fast growing startup environment.
- Seek and secure high level speakers for individual speaking engagements, involvement in panels or conferences
- Booking speakers and personalities to host events or dinners
- Assist with event concept building and theme development
- Balance a diverse calendar through conscious scheduling of core events while being aware of conflicting dates and events, both internally and externally in NYC
- Maintain a strict budget and work to develop lasting relationships and partnerships with any and all vendors to achieve revenue goals
- 1-5+ experience in working with celebrity publicists, and in programming talks and/or conferences, etc.
- Must be scrappy leveraging assets of the company as economic resources for bookings will be limited.
- Demonstrated experience with startups and/or consumer-facing web products preferred
- Effective organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and team building skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Motivated and hard-working
- Love of learning and pride in resourcefulness - If you don't know how to do something, you figure it out or you know who to ask