Our business is growing rapidly and we are looking for a highly entrepreneurial and motivated events coordinator who can help us execute our diverse range of premier social events with an influencer focus.
The ideal candidate is organized, enthusiastic, and able to see opportunities in obstacles. Ideally the candidate has organized events in the past (informal and formal), is motivated by building a community of the most inspiring people and thrives in a fast growing start-up environment.
Must be NY based.
Event Planning & Execution
- Research appropriate venues for events
- Assist with event concept building and theme development
- Order, distribute, and manage all event materials and execution items
- Source, secure, and manage necessary staffing including: Hostesses, Security, Photographer, DJ, Vendors, etc.
- Assist with menu and drink customization for events when applicable
- Assist with all other event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post event wrap-up
- 2+ years of professional experience in event planning, organization, and execution
- Demonstrated experience with startups and/or consumer-facing web products preferred
- Effective organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and team building skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Motivated and hard-working
- Love of learning and pride in resourcefulness - If you don't know how to do something, you figure it out or you know who to ask