We are looking for smart, hungry, motivated teammates to help us
grow and create an amazing social community in all major cities through the US.
The individual hired would help build our strategic expansion initiatives for
our push into many different large cities – brainstorming and implementing new
strategies, competitive intel, creative marketing, and helping put together all
the pieces that create a successful league and exponential company growth. Some
of the duties would include:
- Event planning (setting up fun events, planning promotional happy hours, after-bowling bar activities, etc)
- Marketing via traditional, digital, and social media. Coming up with creative ways to reach our target audience
- Creating and maintaining relationships with key influencers on social and print media
- Utilizing tools such as Facebook ads manager, HootSuite, Photoshop, Google Analytics/AdWords, and many others
- Seeking out sponsorships from companies that are targeting a young/fun/active demographic and creating effective pitch decks
- Outsourcing to non-critical work via different channels such
as UpWork, Amazon Turk, Elance, Fiverr, etc
This role would have a number of duties and an incredible amount
of exposure to high level issues from the get-go. The position would also have
significant advancement opportunities in both salary and responsibility as the
hire grows and excels in their work.
- The ideal candidate graduated from a 4-year university
- Has either 1-3 years of exposure to marketing tactics and strategies
- Or has relevant coursework from university
- It is not required that employee has experience with
everything as training is comprehensive, but it does help that they be familiar
with most of tools
Benefits: Our offices are located in a WeWork shared
co-working space in the financial district. This entitles us to some cool
benefits such as:
- Free fitness & exercise classes every week
- Weekly brunches/lunches and events
- Discounts with partner companies and free beer!
- We are also involved with some pretty cool events such as alumni parties and festivals.
Better Off Bowling runs the largest coed social bowling leagues in the world - and with over 30,000 young professionals from cities all over the nation having signed up it, has completely changed the concept of bowling and real-life social networking.
BOB has been growing quickly in members, revenues, and profits, and is now looking for dynamic and hungry team members to take that dramatic growth to the next level. Over the next 18 months BOB is seeking to double or triple the number of cities it operates out of, and at the same time streamline existing operations to improve the quality and reach of leagues.
Unlike standard bowling leagues, BOB is an exciting way to meet new people in an environment that anyone can participate in and few people can take seriously – a great alternative to just meeting people online or at the bar, and far more social. Afterwards, everyone from the league goes to the bar to play games, trivia nights, and generally have a great time. With a highly automated website, unparalleled partner relationships, and a massive member base, BOB looks to continue to give people a fun way to hang out with friends, meet new ones, and has even led to a few marriages!
Come be part of an exciting NYC startup that has changed the way young professionals network and meet new people!