StartEngine is the premier equity crowdfunding platform in the U.S., connecting millennials and aspiring investors with tomorrow’s progressive companies. StartEngine aims to revolutionize the startup business model by helping individuals invest in private companies on a public platform for the first time in history, thereby helping entrepreneurs achieve their dreams.
Why merely back a company when you could own a piece of it?
StartEngine is looking for motivated engineers for the full-stack development team. As a full-stack engineer, you will have the opportunity to jump into projects spanning across the entire company, from building slick front-end applications to data modeling / API design to server scalability. We value people who are highly flexible, like being in a learning environment, and actively contribute to planning and execution of new products. We are a small team that believes in doing big things.
The development team at StartEngine is highly agile, and focuses on creating products and features that have market impact. Though we appreciate quality crafted code, we know that we are not running a coding art gallery and understand that our software systems are constantly evolving with changes in customer demands, sometimes at a very rapid pace.
- Collaborate with the Product Team to improve on existing products and build new products
- Contributing to, improving, and maintaining StartEngine software architecture and design best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar field of study
- 2 years writing code, whether it's bash scripts, Twitter bots, scrapers, RESTful APIs, you should be comfortable calling yourself a "coder"
- 2 years working with APIs, either building your own or integrating one into your project
- 2 years working with web development, Ruby on Rails preferred
- High level of competency with HTML, CSS, and jQuery
- Experience working closely with a team in a startup environment
- Ability to fail fast and learn from what doesn't work
- Enjoy researching new or unfamiliar technologies and how they could benefit your current project
- Be a motivated self-starter with good time management skills
- Competitive salary with opportunity for bonus
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employee stock options
- Flexible vacation / work from home policy
- Open, modern office space with parking located in prime West Hollywood
- Make an impact shaping the future of the emerging equity crowdfunding industry
Overview: We are seeking seeking smart, capable and extremely hard-working individuals prepared to hit the ground running. This is a rare opportunity to be a part of growing a new company, in a new industry. Candidates will work directly with StartEngine founders and learn, hands on, what it takes to build a successful company. StartEngine provides mentoring programs and facilitates learning opportunities so that employees grow to their greatest potential. Salary includes 100% paid health benefits, unlimited vacation, parking and stock options.