MongoDB is seeking a security-focused Software Engineer to join the Cloud Services Team. You will be responsible for building software and services to protect customer data hosted in MongoDB Atlas.
MongoDB Atlas is our database as a service offering and fastest growing product. It allows users to deploy fault-tolerant, secure, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in just minutes.
The server-side of Atlas is written in Java and allows customers to manage Atlas databases. We have agents, written in Go, that run on the databases servers to manage MongoDB. Atlas database servers run on the Cloud Provider of the user’s choice (AWS, Azure, and GCP currently supported). An engineer in this role will be expected to have a hand in each of those components.
We're looking for someone who is
- Skilled at writing large-scale, distributed backend systems in a compiled language (Java, C#, Go, etc.)
- Fluent in designing and implementing services focused on encryption, secrets management, and x509 PKI
- Familiar with Linux user/group management, file system security, etc.
- Familiar with automating network infrastructure, such as load balancers and firewalls
- Comfortable being a resource to help other members of the Cloud Team in security-related tasks
- Always striving to expand their knowledge
- Curious, collaborative and intellectually honest
- Work closely with product teams, considering the user’s perspective while helping the team achieve success
- Collaborate with team members over best practices and core concepts
- Hold yourself accountable to your actions, maintaining the balance between accomplishing goals with research & development
- Own our core values and adhere to them in your work, and
- Stay up to date with best practices in web engineering
A Software Engineer will be successful in this role when they:
- Are open, honest and willing to contribute and collaborate with others
- Develop confidence in finding their way across the platform
- Can take responsibility for the planning and execution of a major feature, representing Engineering when working with Product and Design
- Are willing to learn and contribute to all parts of the stack
- Are resolute in their approach to problem solving, balancing the needs of their team with the willingness to get to the bottom of issues