MongoDB is the fastest-growing database on the planet, used globally to transform industries with incredibly innovative applications. Joining this team is a rare opportunity to be the voice behind a breakthrough company that is disrupting a $40B market.
We are seeking a proactive, strategic professional to lead a growing team of communication all stars. This person will be responsible for furthering our already-strong corporate reputation with both technical and business audiences, advancing MongoDB as the industry leader and protecting MongoDB’s global brand. Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer and working in partnership with MongoDB leadership, the candidate will oversee corporate marketing, public relations, analyst relations, investor relations, internal communications, customer references and advancing MongoDB’s brand.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance MongoDB’s brand; broaden awareness; and increase visibility among multiple stakeholders
- Identify and attack communications challenges and emerging communications issues faced by the organization
- Serve as communications counselor to MongoDB leadership; mentor business partners, peers, and teammates to drive alignment around the MongoDB brand, voice, tone, positioning and messaging
- Serve as company spokesperson and protector of the brand to ensure consistent use of the MongoDB trademark, logo, taglines, messaging, etc.
- Manage outside agencies to plan, negotiate and monitor vendor performance
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the team including budgeting, reporting, planning and staff development
- Partner closely with our sales leadership to foster and deliver customer stories to market, and our engineering team to understand future trends and the story to take to market
- 12+ years experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic communications, corporate marketing and media relations programs, particularly across business milestones (e.g., mergers & acquisitions, fundraising, etc.)
- Innovative thinker, with a proven track record for contributing to the strategic vision and then rolling up his or her sleeves and executing
- Experience in building, mentoring and coaching a team of communications specialists as well as establishing cross functional, collaborative relationships with marketing leadership, business partners and customers
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced, changing environment and anticipate future needs while living the MongoDB values
- Demonstrate ability to grasp enterprise technology and serve as an excellent and persuasive communicator – both written and orally – is a must