MongoDB is looking for an outstanding product manager to take on a senior role in our products organization focused on MongoDB Ops Manager. Ops Manager is MongoDB’s private cloud/on-prem management suite, including comprehensive management, monitoring, and backup for customer MongoDB environments.
MongoDB Ops Manager is a tentpole offering in the MongoDB Enterprise Advanced subscription, and is used by MongoDB’s highest revenue-generating enterprise customers with some of the most demanding, multi-faceted, mission critical workloads.
This is a rare opportunity to join a team at the center of sales, marketing, and engineering for a breakthrough company that is disrupting a $45B market. The team leads product direction, packaging, and pricing for the fastest growing database technology.
The right candidate for this role will have
- Product management experience with a complex technical product
- Experience and demonstrated success in delivering software products to market
- Have the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to write, defend, and execute on business cases
- Domain knowledge in at least one of the following: data center automation; database management; distributed systems; IT operations and monitoring
- Familiarity with open source technologies
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or similar discipline. M.Sc. or Ph.D. in relevant domain a plus
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, partnerships, pricing and technical documentation
- In this highly visible position, lead collaboration across engineering, design, marketing, sales, and executive leadership
- Advocate for our customers with passion about operational performance, predictability, and security
- Align your product’s roadmap with the other MongoDB products to ensure that the company achieves its objectives
- Bring a passion for careful data analysis to inform decisions
- Communication: Successfully communicate the product roadmap internally and externally, while having the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Research: Collect and analyze feedback from both internal and external sources so we deepen our understanding of all clients
- Customer Service: Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, partnerships, pricing and technical documentation
- Deliver products to market