MongoDB Cloud Services Team is a diverse collection of individuals working together to help our users run MongoDB in the cloud at global scale. The Cloud Team is responsible for MongoDB Atlas - our database as a service offering and fastest growing product. MongoDB Atlas allows users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in just minutes.
Our Senior Site Reliability Engineer will help build and support the best database management service for the leading document database server in the world. MongoDB’s Cloud Management service runs databases holding petabytes of data and processes over a billion metrics and tens of billions of backup operations every day. But we have barely begun. In the future, our online database service will auto-scale, self-heal and hide nearly all of the complexity of running a large scalable system.
This role can be based in either our New York City or Palo Alto office.
- Manage the infrastructure for a cloud service that processes a billion metrics per day, and replicates tens of billions of database writes to our backup service
- Design, implement, operate and troubleshoot the automation and monitoring of a service that seamlessly spans several data centers and several cloud providers
- Become an expert in MongoDB performance, helping us optimize from the application level all the way through the firmware
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation, and make trips to our data centers as needed
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in multiple environments
- Improve our infrastructure capabilities, optimizing for cost, simplicity, and maintainability
- You are passionate about the revolution going on in information technology as core services migrate to the cloud
- You have experience running a mission critical service at scale
- A working knowledge of information security issues
- Prior experience as a systems administrator in a Linux environment
- Firm grasp of at least one modern programming language, beyond basic scripting
- Solid experience using configuration management frameworks (e.g. Chef, Puppet)
- Working knowledge of web and network protocols and standards (HTTP, TLS, DNS, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
Nice to haves
- Experience building large applications from scratch, complete with deployment tools
- Experience writing automation tools & eagerness to "automate all the things"
- Experience in networking, security, hardware or OS performance tuning
- Experience with Google Compute, Microsoft Azure and other cloud services