The MongoDB Connector for Business Intelligence (BI Connector) is a server-side component in our Enterprise Advanced product suite that lets our customers use MongoDB as a data source for SQL-based BI and analytics platforms.
Our ideal candidate will have
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with concurrency, query processing and distributed systems
- Substantial, demonstrable experience writing high-quality software
- Used Go before or would love to learn it and use it in your day-to-day work
- Excellent communication skills, internally and externally, both in writing and face-to-face
You'll be on the team responsible for...
- Building and maintaining the MongoDB BI Connector and its associated components including the BI Connector Authentication Plugins.
- Testing, delivering and supporting the above across multiple operating systems (including Red Hat, SUSE, Debian, Ubuntu, Windows, Solaris and OS X) and versions of MongoDB
- Identify, design, implement, test, and support new features in the BI Connector
- Collaborate with team members over best practices and core concepts
- Give and receive consistent, high quality code review feedback
- Estimate task complexity and report progress and risks to peers and managers
- Work with support and field teams to diagnose and remediate customer issues
- Own our core values and adhere to them in your work
Success in this role means...
- In one quarter on the team, you will have contributed to a feature that will ship in the next stable release of the BI Connector
- In two quarters, you will be actively involved in code and design reviews for new features
- In one year, you will be participating in the team project roadmap, leading design for specific features or projects, supporting other teams, and helping to interview and mentor new hires